Friday, April 18, 2014

UD Electric Pressed Pigment Palette (Review)

Urban Decay has got my number.  Every time I tell myself I'm done buying makeup for the next little while, they release something I just have to have.  This month it was their eye shadow brights palette.  Bastards.

BUT, as soon as this baby arrived, I felt better.  I mean, look at this.  Look at it.


Even the outside is pretty.



Four of the shades are not technically approved for use on the eye area by the FDA, but I guess I live dangerously.




First up, swatches.  With one exception, all apply like butter, and build and blend well.  I want to sound like I'm being appropriately critical instead of just geeking out over here, but the truth is... I am geeking out hard.  This palette is marvelous.






Revolt is a really glittery silver.  It was actually the only disappointment of the bunch (spoiler alert).  It was kind of a pain to apply and even after building was kind of just an unbounded smear of glitter.

Gonzo is a medium blue with a hint of shimmer.  It's the tiniest bit powdery, but builds up beautifully.





Slowburn is a red-leaning orange.  It fucking rocks.  If this palette was just ten of this shade over and over again, I would probably still have bought it.  That is all I have to say.

Savage is a bright matte pink that also significantly rocks.  I wouldn't mind if it was the slightest bit more pigmented, but it builds so easily that this is basically a non-issue.





Fringe is a gorgeous metallic teal (that unfortunately wouldn't photograph as well as I hoped).  You'll just have to trust me.  It builds well and looks fantastic.

Thrash is a yellow-green that is just awesome. 





Urban is a dark purple.  It needs a little building but is easy to work with.

Freak is a light green.  It applies easily and is really pigmented.





Chaos is a deep matte blue.  It's super pigmented and applies like butter.  It did give me a tiny bit of fallout on the swatch, but when applying carefully to my lid I didn't notice any fallout on my face, so I'm not going to be concerned about that.

Jilted is a shimmery mauve.  I have nothing bad to say about this, it applies wonderfully and looks great.

Here are a few looks I did while playing with this thing today. 


"Jilted", "Urban" and "Chaos" (Lipstick: OCC "Strumpet")

"Freak", "Fringe" and "Gonzo" (Lipstick: Smashbox "Nylon Nude" and Laura Mercier "Bare Naked")

"Thrash", "Slowburn" and "Savage" ((Lipstick: Kat Von D "Backstage Bambi")

Admit it.  Super fun.  The possibilities are endless, I will be messing around with this palette for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment